Pages


Jimmy

Monday, July 15, 2013

7/15 - 7/21

Monday:  am:  4 w/Jimmy in Pisgah.  Legs were sluggish from the Beaver race.

Tuesday:  3 w/Jimmy in Pisgah.  It was hot and Jimmy was suffering.  I got a little later start than normal around 10 am.  I decided to throw in quite a few long surges.  Felt good.  Hung out at Ferenc's in the early pm.  Went fishing w/Greg in the evening.  Fun summer day.

Wednesday:  8 miles w/Jimmy.  Kilburn Loop.  I ran out of gas on this one.  I might have gone too fast in the beginning, fatigue from yesterdays pickups, humidity, dehydration, who knows.  I felt like crap after 45 minutes.

Thursday:  am:  4 miles around Kilburn.  I left Jimmy home because it was way too hot at 10:40 when I started this run.  I met up w/George and Greg at the swimming spot.  It felt good to soak in the pond.  George and Greg looked worked from the heat (they were running 12).  Tonight is the Fun Run and it's going to be 87 degrees at 7pm with a 70 dewpoint.  Miserable.

pm:  Fun Run.  Another dismal turnout.  I'm sure the heat deserves some of the blame.  I opted to run and just kept it in control.  4 miles.

Friday:  4 miles w/ Jimmy in Pisgah.  We left at 8am and it was 79 degrees.  Today should be the hottest day so far.  We should have relief coming over the weekend.

Saturday:   3 miles w/Jimmy at Kilburn.  Dewpoint was 62 when I ran, so it was noticeably less humid.  My legs felt heavy despite the nice conditions.  I noticed the dewpoint is much higher in Norton, Mass where we're heading - 75!

Sunday:  0.  Drove back from Mass.  It was a perfect day for running, but I just didn't get it done.  I did manage to paint the babies' room.  It needs a second coat.


I'm happy with this week overall.  I managed to battle the heat wave everyday.  Sunday I let other things get in the way, but I can live with it.

Weekly Total:  30
Summer Total:  124

No comments:

Post a Comment