Pages


Jimmy

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

8/19 - 8/25 Last week of summer training

Monday:  Practice started today.  I ran 2 miles with the kids.   Pickets + 4x200 at R pace.

Tuesday:  5 miles am w/team.  Very easy pace on Depot/Stage Rd loop.

pm:  2 miles w/ Jimmy on the roads.  This was his first run since getting bitten on the penis by a horsefly (which got infected and resulted in yet another trip to the vet's office).  I wanted to go farther, but he wasn't feeling too spry.  I lost his beeper, so I took him on his leash.  I hope I find that darn thing.

Wednesday:  No running at practice for me today.  I renewed my driver's license then ran 3 miles with Jimmy in Pisgah.  Still no beeper despite tearing apart the house, cars, and yard to find it.  Bummer.  Again, I wanted to go farther, but Jimmy wasn't up for it.  Hot today - 88 degrees.

Thursday:  am: 1 mile w/team.

pm:  4 miles at Fun Run.  I ran a 6:35 mile then jogged the 2.3.  I also warmed up with a mile.  Feeling good.

Friday:  2 miles w/kids at practice.  Too lazy to run when I got home.

Saturday:  13 total

early am:  3 w/Jimmy from Reservoir Rd.  I was going to do a long run, but my Camelbak was chafing the crap out of my neck and shoulders.

I dropped off Jimmy, grabbed my handheld bottle, and headed off to Wantastiquet.  I ran up in 25 minutes then headed over to Mine Ledge and Indian Pond.  1:29 total on steep terrain - I'm calling it 10.

Sunday:  14 miles in Pisgah.  I parked at Kilburn and ran Davis, Baker, Ridge, Kilburn Loop, + Davis add on.  Great run!  I felt really good rolling over the first part to Kilburn Loop.  I tried to visualize running tough yet relaxed on the place where 50k runners go to die.  I had to stop at 1:40 to throw a little lube on my feet.  They seem wimpier than past years.  I'm leaning towards lubing them on race day.  I ate a Nutri-grain Bar at 50 minutes and a half of one at 1:40.  I carried 16 ounces of water in my handheld bottle - I could have used more.  When I reached the Kilburn parking area, I decided to run to the 2 hour point up Davis Hill to teach my mind and body that I can't quit there.  I ate the last half of my bar on Davis and finished my water than ran back to the car, ending at 2:04:xx.  I ran the entire way and felt good.  I'm pumped, yet I know I will be out there for 5+ hours.  I've got a lot of training left before I'm truly ready for the 50k.  I probably won't be totally ready on race day, but I'll be more prepared than 2007 where my long run was 8 miles.  27 mile weekend!

Weekly Total:  46
Summer Total:  333

1 comment:

  1. Great week and I'm excited to hear you're doing the 50K!!

    ReplyDelete