Pages


Jimmy

Monday, August 5, 2013

8/5 - 8/11

Monday:  4 w/Jimmy in Pisgah.  Beautiful day - crisp, sunny, cool weather.  Legs felt a little flat today.

Tuesday:  0.  Painted the second coat of the nursery.  Tame Teal - Boom!  (Mac the Knight shout out).  Boj came over in the pm and we worked on the driveway.  He did 90 % of the work - he's that guy.  I didn't run because my back of my knee was an issue all day.  I sort of moped around in a funk thinking I'm injured.

Wednesday:  Went to a meeting in the mid morning, so I didn't run.  My hammy/knee is noticeable.

pm:  Rolled down to Keene High track w/Greg.  I ran the 3 mile warm up and my back felt tight and the knee was a little sensitive, but it was go time.  I ran 8x200 with 43 average.  I jogged 200 rest.  Felt stiff but decent.  I bonked a little after as I hadn't eaten since 10:30 am.  Cooled off in the creek, grabbed some food at Fritz's, and played golf at Boj's.  The leg held up.  Feeling good.  5 miles total.

Thursday:  5.5 w/Jimmy in Pisgah.  We did Kilburn Town Forest Trail, Baker, Davis.  Nice run.  A little humid.  Leg was not an issue.  And I'm getting back my mojo - Bojo.

pm:  4.5 miles at Fun Run.  Great turnout tonight - about 15 runners.  The humidity was back.  I started to push the 2.3, but the humidity was killing me and I shut it down on the second lap.  Another 17:5x performance.

Friday:  3 miles on the HRT w/Jimmy.  I saw 5 deer  on this run.  Legs a little sluggish from two days of speed in a row.   Turned 36 today.  I went fishing at the Ashuelot and caught 5 smallies.  We met Greg and Jen for dinner at the Whetstone.  Fun day.

Saturday:  12 miles w/Jimmy in Pisgah (1:45).  I ran Reservoir, Ridge, Baker, Reservoir from the Horseshoe Parking area.  I didn't take any gels or water because I wasn't planning on going long.  Once I got out there, I felt pretty good.  I saw a broad wing hawk with a red squirrel in its talons on the ridge. Guzzled water as soon as I got home - I was thirsty!  On a non-running note:  I've been married for 3 years today to Gina.  Happy Anniversary Honey!

Sunday:  5.5 w/Jimmy in Pisgah.  We ran up Broad Brook.  We ran into the same woman running with her dog twice.  She didn't look too happy about sharing the trails.  Oh well - we enjoyed our run.  My left leg hamstring issue was noticeable at the start and in the morning before my run.  It loosened up after about 5 minutes.  I would like to take a dip in the healing Putney waters today.

Weekly Total:  39.5
Summer Total:  255

No comments:

Post a Comment