Pages


Jimmy

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Wintah!

I'm blogging because I'm bored. I ran today for the first time in a while. I shoveled half my driveway until my generous, kind, and all around awesome neighbor plowed the rest with his John Deer. I've done pushups and light stretching. I filed my taxes (Gina gets most of the credit here). I even did a little planning for school. Snow days are good!!!

I figured now I can think of where I want this year to go fitness wise. I need to continue lifting and being active. It feels great to not think about my back every waking second. Lifting has been the cure for my years of pain. I am really lucky to have the little gym at our school, so I don't have to drive into Keene just to pump a little iron. I haven't taken my medicine in at least 2 months.

I had fun racing at the Hoot Toot & Whistle snowshoe race a couple weekends ago. Even though it's going to feel like a marathon, I'm going to race at Northfield this Saturday. Racing will hopefully keep me motivated through the winter. Here's what I need to do this February:

1. Run at least 3 x week.
2. Lift 3 x week.
3. Race twice.
4. Make vacation a week with 5 days of running.

That should keep me busy. I would love to feel like I'm starting with a little fitness once Spring hits. I hope everyone else is enjoying the snow!

2 comments:

  1. Maybe vacation week running will involve Lil Jonny in Lil Rhody!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great run Wednesday, Glenn!! Sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete