Pages


Jimmy

Sunday, July 3, 2011

weekending 7/3

Monday: 3 in Friedsam w/Jimmy + 5 x 60 meter hill sprints. Went bass fishing again today. I lost two on the grass frog. I need to use the trailer hook.

Tuesday: am 9 Kilburn + w/Greg and wolves. Super sluggish run. Swim felt great. Greg dove in after my car key and found it on the murky, twelve foot deep bottom. It was awesome. Our day would have really sucked without it!
pm 2 Friedsam w/Jimmy. Pushed this one in places. Felt decent.

Wednesday: am 4 miles Beals Knob w/Jimmy. Felt crappy. I need an easy run. All my runs are uphill (upmountain) on the way back. This is mentally draining. Of course, I've also hit 40 miles for the last 6 days, so physically I'm a little drained as well.

pm 3. Ran the Keenyan way at Monadnock track. I ran a mile to get a marker for where I'm at fitness wise. 6:09. I was hoping to break 6, but I haven't broken the pain barrier for a long time. I really can't be too disappointed. It is what it is. I'm going to go down to Rhody and catch some stripers and fluke then run the 4 on the 4th Monday. I'm shooting for a sub 27:30.

Thursday: am 8 miles Kilburn w/Jimmy. Tough, slow run. My legs felt really tired on this one. Glad I ran. Lifted pm upper x3 with Greg in Rhody.

Friday: 0. Went fishing all day then ate fish tacos when we got back. Fun day. We hammered 'em. No 40/40 club though! Pard caught the biggest striper in the 25 pound range.

Saturday: am 11 miles w/Jonny and Greg + Griffin in Burlingame. Fun run. My legs felt good. Great trails. Sammy C and some obscure mtn. bike trails.

Sunday: am 3 miles w/Jimmy in Pisgah. + 5 striders. Feeling decent. Deer Flies are up to full force!

Total running: 43
Days lifting: 1

Last Week Miles: 33
2010 Yearly Miles: 460
2011 Yearly Miles: 296
300 mile club total (ends 8/14): 116

Good week. Catching stripers was the highlight. My run with my brothers was a great one. My tough runs in Pisgah paid off, and I was able to hang with my bros. I'm excited to race tomorrow, not because I think I'll set any pr's (23:20 14yrs ago), but because I want to run tough and have fun!
Next week Hinsdale Fun Runs start. Hopefully some of my kids show up. I'm shooting for another 40 mile week.

No comments:

Post a Comment